Skip to main content

Mikel Arteta tries to diffuse tensions with the Man City boss—I adore Pep.

Declaring his love, respect, and admiration for Pep Guardiola, Mikel Arteta makes a transparent attempt to alleviate growing tensions with his former coach.

Amidst the fallout from the intense tie with Manchester City the previous weekend, Guardiola ordered Arteta's Arsenal to get ready for battle. The Gunners reacted by defeating Leicester 4-2 at the Emirates in the last seconds.

Speaking before of the match on Saturday, Guardiola also asked his old teammate to clarify his assertion that, after his four-year tenure at City, he had "all the information" about the champions.

Arteta responded to Guardiola's comments by saying, "I can repeat it, very clear." I adore Pep. I think highly of him. And ever since I was ten years old, I have admired him.

"I know how hard he works, which is why I say, 'I know him.'" I have never seen a person work as hard as Pep, the coaches, and the entire football team does to routinely win. And this is what I've discovered—the reason they remain is because they sustain that hunger.

"I am unable to clarify myself further than that. I can repeat it if you would like. That being said, I have no control over someone who wishes to harm our relationship. Both him and the employees are aware of the depth of the feeling.

"I know how hard he works, which is why I say, 'I know him.'" I have never seen a person work as hard as Pep, the coaches, and the entire football team does to routinely win. And this is what I've discovered—the reason they remain is because they sustain that hunger.

"I am unable to clarify myself further than that. I can repeat it if you would like. That being said, I have no control over someone who wishes to harm our relationship. Both him and the employees are aware of the depth of the feeling.

But after six games, Arsenal and City were tied at 14 points after Trossard's strike from a corner in the fourth minute of additional time deflected off Wilfred Ndidi. Five minutes later, Kai Havertz added a fourth goal.

Arteta continued, "It was very emotional and more emotional than we wanted, but I am really pleased with how we played and dominated the game," after what might have been a crucial game in Arsenal's pursuit of a title.

"I was happy with how we handled that, but after 2-0, the result should have been bigger, but this is the Premier League, the caliber of the opponent, and they scored two goals." We had complete emotional control. We deserved to win the game hands down.

With 20 minutes remaining, referee Samuel Barrott should have given Riccardo Calafiori a second yellow card, according to manager Steve Cooper, who was booked for protesting what he believed to be a foul on Jamie Vardy in the build-up to Arsenal's first goal. Arsenal's thrilling late win leaves Leicester with just three points from 18 games.

Cooper stated, "We were disappointed that Vardy didn't receive a foul call and find it unbelievable that the Arsenal left-back wasn't sent off."

"We felt that both of the referee's poor decisions were made, so we're trying not to let that become the headline because I want to accept responsibility."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The most intriguing Euro 2024 quarter-final ties are listed.

It seems like only a few days ago when fans around the continent sat down to watch Germany thrash Scotland in the opening match, but the quarter-final stage of Euro 2024 is already just around the corner. This summer's tournament has delivered amazing moments and some significant scalps, but none of the competition's minnows have made it to the last eight. Instead, Europe's major boys have all advanced, with the exception of incumbent champions Italy, who were eliminated in the final 16. Not all of the continent's titans have realized their full potential in Germany, but if they want to raise the Henri Delaunay Cup on July 14, they must rediscover their mojo soon. Here are the four quarter-final ties of Euro 2024, evaluated by how entertaining they will be to watch. 4. England vs Switzerland England is the least exciting team to watch at Euro 2024. Gareth Southgate's side has been very poor, especially considering the talent available. There has been little to sug...

Manchester United manager Erik ten Hag has shifted his opinion on Casemiro.

Manchester United manager Erik ten Hag has opted to offer Casemiro the opportunity to stay in his squad for another season. INEOS entered their first summer in charge of United with the goal of improving the club's financial status by making substantial sales and reducing the pay bill in order to revitalize Ten Hag's squad without being concerned about FFP requirements. Multiple reports stated that Casemiro will be one of the first players to leave Old Trafford this summer, with Saudi clubs reportedly showing strong interest in his services. The 32-year-old is one of the club's top paid players. He had a difficult season, and according to The Sun, his relationship with the United manager "had broken down towards" the end of the previous season. The former Real Madrid player also did not start for United in the FA Cup final against Manchester City. However, we are now in the final days of the transfer market, and Casemiro is still with the club. The Peoples Perso...

Arsenal Signs Noni Madueke: Understanding The £48 Million Transfer And Add-Ons.

The summer transfer window is in full swing, and Arsenal has once again sent shockwaves through the Premier League with a significant acquisition. Noni Madueke, the highly-rated winger from Chelsea, is set to swap West London for North London in a deal reportedly worth £48 million, plus an additional £4 million in add-ons, signing a five-year contract until 2030. This transfer is far more than just a player changing clubs; it's a statement of intent, a calculated risk, and a fascinating insight into Arsenal's evolving squad strategy under Mikel Arteta. To fully comprehend the significance of this move, we must delve into the immediate implications for both clubs, the strategic rationale behind Arsenal's hefty investment, and the burning questions that now surround Madueke's role at the Emirates. Arsenal's Ambition: Bridging the Gap Arsenal's recent seasons have been characterized by a determined ascent back to the Premier League's summit. Having challenged f...

Norway vs Portugal: A Clash of Titans in UEFA Nations League Group A4.

Norway versus Portugal is the kind of international fixture that immediately captures the imagination because it brings together two footballing identities built around extraordinary attacking talent. At Ullevaal Stadion, Erling Haaland and Cristiano Ronaldo stand at the centre of the story, but this contest is larger than a meeting between two famous forwards. It is a battle between Norway’s rising ambition and Portugal’s established tournament pedigree, between a team that wants to announce its arrival and a nation accustomed to carrying expectations. Both sides began their UEFA Nations League Group A4 campaigns with victories, making this second-round encounter an early test of who can seize control of the group. Norway defeated Denmark 3–2, while Portugal edged Wales 1–0. The match also carries an unusual sense of timing. Norway have spent years trying to convert individual promise into collective achievement, while Portugal continue to navigate the delicate transition between one ...

Debut Dilemmas: How Xavi and Klopp Will Shape Their Teams in the Netherlands vs. Germany Clash.

Some football matches are important because of the competition, some because of the rivalry and others because of the players involved. Netherlands versus Germany carries all three traditions, but the latest meeting in Amsterdam offers something even more intriguing: it is the opening chapter of two completely different managerial projects. Xavi Hernández will lead the Netherlands for the first time, while Jürgen Klopp begins his Germany tenure against one of Europe’s most familiar opponents. The UEFA Nations League fixture at the Johan Cruijff ArenA is therefore more than a contest between two historic football nations. It is an early examination of how two celebrated coaches translate their club philosophies into the compressed and unpredictable world of international football. Neither manager has the luxury of time. At club level, Xavi and Klopp could spend months shaping training habits, repeating positional movements and refining pressing structures. With national teams, the prepa...