The surprise exit comes less than two weeks after BVB's Champions League final loss to Real Madrid at Wembley.
Edin Terzic has abruptly quit Borussia Dortmund after asking the club to cancel his contract.
The 41-year-old has resigned as head coach of Westfalenstadion with immediate effect, less than two weeks after Dortmund lost the Champions League final to Real Madrid at Wembley.
Terzic asked to have his contract terminated during a meeting with Dortmund's hierarchy this week, and the club granted his request.Terzic posted in a personal message: "It is extremely hard for me to inform you Black & Yellow fans that I am leaving Borussia Dortmund today.
"It was an incredible honor to win the DFB Cup with BVB and lead this magnificent team to the Champions League final."After the game at Wembley, I requested a meeting with the club's top management team, because after nine years at BVB, six on the coaching staff and two and a half as head coach, I believe the club's new era should begin with a new man on the touchline.
"Everyone close to me understands that this has been a difficult decision for me to make over the last few weeks, but despite extensive discussions, my fundamental feelings have not changed.""I wish Borussia Dortmund the very best, thank you and see you soon."
Borussia Dortmund CEO Hans-Joachim Watzke added: "Edin Terzic has done an incredible job at BVB, and we all owe him a great deal of thanks. "Edin and I will always be pals.

Comments
Post a Comment