West Ham United have signed Niclas Fullkrug from Borussia Dortmund on a four-year contract.
Fullkrug was linked with Atletico Madrid and AC Milan, but he ultimately chose to join West Ham.
"I'm delighted to be here, and I can't wait to get out on the pitch with my new teammates," Fullkrug told club channels. "I believe the Premier League is the best league in the world, and now is the right time for me to move to England and play for a big club like West Ham."
"I've been thinking about West Ham for a long time; I know the Technical Director, Tim Steidten, from our time at Werder Bremen, and I've watched some games to see how good the team is.
"I'm delighted to be here, and I can't wait to get out on the pitch with my new teammates," Fullkrug told club channels. "I believe the Premier League is the best league in the world, and now is the right time for me to move to England and play for a big club like West Ham."
"I've been thinking about West Ham for a long time; I know the Technical Director, Tim Steidten, from our time at Werder Bremen, and I've watched some games to see how good the team is.
"The opportunity to play for the Head Coach [Julen Lopetegui] is obviously quite thrilling. His playing style is crucial to me, and I am convinced that under him, I will be able to perform to my full potential and score a lot of goals.
"I enjoy being close to supporters, and I'm quite excited to meet the West Ham fans. I'm feeling great right now; I'm strong, fit, and in condition, and all I want to do is get out there and start playing for them."
Fullkrug rose to prominence very late in his career, just recently establishing himself as one of the Bundesliga's best strikers.
"I enjoy being close to supporters, and I'm quite excited to meet the West Ham fans. I'm feeling great right now; I'm strong, fit, and in condition, and all I want to do is get out there and start playing for them."
Fullkrug rose to prominence very late in his career, just recently establishing himself as one of the Bundesliga's best strikers.
After finishing as the division's top scorer with 16 goals for Werder Bremen in 2022/23, he joined Dortmund for £12.8 million and played a key role in their 2023/24 UEFA Champions League final appearance. Fullkrug scored 16 goals and sent out 10 assists in 46 appearances across all competitions during his one season with Dortmund.
Fullkrug, nicknamed 'Lucke' due to the gap in his teeth, has also broken into the Germany national squad, scoring 13 goals in 21 games. He was a standout player in the hosts' Euro 2024 campaign, which ended in a quarter-final loss to eventual winners Spain.
Fullkrug, nicknamed 'Lucke' due to the gap in his teeth, has also broken into the Germany national squad, scoring 13 goals in 21 games. He was a standout player in the hosts' Euro 2024 campaign, which ended in a quarter-final loss to eventual winners Spain.

Comments
Post a Comment