Skip to main content

Five high-profile Premier League players may yet change teams this month.


The January transfer market is expected to heat up in the following days, as clubs hurry to recruit players before the deadline.

There is anticipated to be a lot of activity before the window closes, and a number of Premier League players could yet swap teams. We looked at five famous names who are now at the center of speculations.

Five high-profile Premier League players who may still change teams this month

Alejandro Garnacho.


Manchester United may contemplate making large offers for Alejandro Garnacho and Kobbie Mainoo, according to reports earlier this month. The revelation stunned the club's faithful, who saw the two players as potential stars.

However, Garnacho's possible departure should come as no surprise. He was dropped for the Manchester Derby last month and has struggled to establish himself as a regular in Ruben Amorim's squad. The 20-year-old is clearly talented, but questions about his suitability for the new manager's techniques suggest a sale could occur. Add in his profile as a high-value academy product, and his departure might assist permit another reconstruction at Old Trafford.

Napoli's €50 million bid failed earlier in the window as the Italian league leaders seek to replace Khvicha Kvaratskhelia. Chelsea, on the other hand, appear to be Garnacho's most likely destination as the Blues prepare to make an official offer.

Marcus Rashford.


Marcus Rashford, too, appears to be on his way out of Manchester United. He was dropped alongside Garnacho for the Manchester Derby and declared his desire for a new challenge following the game.
"For me, personally, I think I'm ready for a new challenge and the next steps," Rashford told football journalist Henry Winter. "When I depart, there will be no harsh feelings. You will not hear any nasty words from me regarding Manchester United."

Rashford's departure would mark the end of a difficult chapter in his career. He has failed to regain the form that saw him score 30 goals in a fantastic 2022/23 season, with his performances under heavy criticism in an underperforming squad.

Borussia Dortmund, Barcelona, and AC Milan have all expressed interest in a deal, but all sides will need to make major concessions to reach an agreement.

Matheus Cunha.


Matheus Cunha's achievements this season have piqued the interest of several Premier League clubs. Arsenal is mulling a move for the Brazilian, while Nottingham Forest is eager to smash their transfer record to sign the attacker.

Cunha has 10 goals and four assists in 19 league starts this season for the Wolves, who are battling toward the bottom of the table. He was allegedly unhappy after the loss to Chelsea on Monday night, with head coach Vitor Pereira criticizing his body language.

Wolves are not under any obligation to sell, although an offer of around £60 million may be intriguing.

Benjamin Chilwell.


Ben Chilwell seems set to quit Chelsea before the deadline after being frozen out in West London. Chilwell played 45 minutes under Enzo Maresca after being told he was not in the club's plans last summer.

Chilwell's hefty salaries and injury record will worry suitors, but an established England international - who is still only 28 - does not frequently become available on the market.

Yoane Wissa.


Nottingham Forest's bid for Brentford's Yoane Wissa has been rejected.

Nuno Espirito Santo made a bid of roughly £22 million, but it was rejected down. Forest aim to add firepower to their pursuit of Champions League qualification. Forest are considering their options after learning about Taiwo Awoniyi's injury history and West Ham's interest in the Nigerian.

Wissa has been a consistent supplier of goals for Brentford. He has scored double figures in the Premier League in each of the last two seasons, including 11 goals in just 19 appearances this season. He has scored a Premier League goal every 186 minutes over the last two and a half seasons.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rodri: The Missing Piece in Barcelona's Midfield Puzzle Post-Busquets Era.

Barcelona’s reported pursuit of Rodri is about far more than signing another elite midfielder. It is about repairing a structural weakness that has remained visible since Sergio Busquets moved on from the club. Rodri has long been viewed as a natural successor to Busquets because of his intelligence, positioning and ability to control matches from the deepest midfield role, but his development has taken him beyond the traditional No. 6 profile. He is now a complete midfielder who can defend, dictate tempo, carry the ball, score goals and organise a team under pressure. That evolution is precisely why he could be so valuable to Barcelona. The club do not simply need someone who passes safely between the centre-backs. They need a player who can protect the defence, give creative midfielders freedom, manage transitions and provide control when matches become chaotic. Since Busquets’ departure, Barcelona have produced talented midfielders but have struggled to find one player capable of gi...

Can PSG Achieve a Historic UCL Hat-Trick with Their New Star-Studded Attack?

Paris Saint-Germain have entered a new phase of European dominance after winning the Champions League in consecutive seasons, and their latest attacking additions suggest that the club are not satisfied with stopping at two. The arrivals of Maghnes Akliouche from Monaco, Ferran Torres from Barcelona and Mika Godts from Ajax have added more depth, creativity and tactical variety to an attack that already includes Ousmane Dembélé, Désiré Doué and Khvicha Kvaratskhelia. The question is no longer whether PSG have enough talent to win the Champions League. It is whether they can maintain the focus, balance and hunger required to win it three times in a row. A historic hat-trick would be one of the rarest achievements in modern European football. Winning one Champions League title demands quality, resilience and good fortune. Winning two consecutively proves that the club has developed a genuine competitive structure. Winning three would require PSG to survive every type of challenge: injuri...

Who is Pep Chavarría? The Rise of Chelsea's Latest Signing from Rayo Vallecano.

Pep Chavarría’s move to Chelsea is one of the more unexpected but intriguing transfers of the summer. The 28-year-old left-back has joined the Premier League club from Rayo Vallecano on a five-year contract running until 2031, with the deal reportedly worth around €19 million plus potential bonuses. He arrives in London not as a famous global star, but as a late-blooming defender whose career has been built through patience, consistency and gradual progress. That background makes the transfer particularly interesting. Chelsea have spent years attracting some of the most highly rated young players in world football, yet Chavarría represents a different kind of recruitment decision. He is not being signed mainly for resale value or teenage potential. He is being brought in because he has established himself as a dependable La Liga performer and because the club believe his experience can help replace Marc Cucurella, who has moved to Real Madrid. Chavarría’s journey is a reminder that foo...

FC Barcelona Breaks Free: What the 1:1 Financial Fair Play Rule Means for Summer Transfers.

FC Barcelona’s return to LaLiga’s 1:1 financial rule represents one of the most important financial developments in the club’s recent history. After years of transfer restrictions, salary limitations and complicated registration problems, Barça can once again use income and wage savings much more freely when strengthening the squad. The change does not mean Barcelona can spend without limits, but it does restore a level of control that allows the club to plan transfers more like a normal elite European team. For supporters, the phrase “1:1 rule” may sound like a simple accounting formula. In practice, it affects almost every major decision Barcelona make in the transfer market. It influences which players can be registered, how much the club can offer in wages, whether a new signing can arrive immediately and how aggressively sporting director Deco can negotiate. It also changes the balance of power between Barcelona and the clubs from which they want to buy. The rule has become centra...

Paul Pogba's Departure from Monaco: What You Need to Know.

Paul Pogba’s time at Monaco appears to be ending after only one season, bringing another difficult chapter to a career that once seemed destined for sustained greatness. The former Manchester United and Juventus midfielder joined Monaco as a free agent after completing an 18-month doping suspension, hoping to rebuild his career in familiar surroundings and return to the highest level of European football. Instead, recurring injuries, limited appearances and uncertainty over his physical condition have reportedly led to discussions about terminating his contract before its scheduled end in June 2027. The departure is significant because Pogba’s Monaco move was supposed to represent a fresh beginning. After a long period away from competitive football, France’s 2018 World Cup winner chose a club that could offer him a route back into Ligue 1 and European competition. Monaco appeared to be taking a calculated chance on a player whose talent was undeniable but whose body and confidence had...