Skip to main content

🇬🇧 Pep Guardiola is not ruling out a new Manchester City deal.

Pep Guardiola claims he has not ruled out signing a new contract with Manchester City. Guardiola's current contract is set to expire next summer, and he appeared to imply after leading City to a fourth consecutive Premier League triumph in May that next season could be his last at the club.

However, the former Barcelona and Bayern Munich manager hinted on Friday that his stint at the Etihad could be extended for a tenth year. During the club's pre-season tour of New York, the Spaniard discussed his future ahead of City's friendly versus AC Milan at Yankee Stadium. "When I leave, I will say I'm leaving, but I didn't say that," Guardiola, who has led City to six Premier League crowns, two FA Cups, and a maiden Champions League title, told reporters.

"We'll see what happens. However, I will not rule out extending my contract. I'd like to stay because I really want to. "Nine years at the same club is an eternity. So I want to make sure it's the proper decision. Not only for me, but for the club and the players. "They continue to operate as they have for the past eight years, regardless of the opposition or the tournament, and this is what I need to see. I will not rule out extending my contract. I'd like to stay because I really want to.

Pep Guardiola

"I am certain that in eight more years, I will not stay! Both players and managers benefit from a refresher. "At the same time, we have had success and continue to win Premier Leagues, making it to the final stages, and competing in competitions such as the Champions League. "This is how I feel right now." When asked if he would like to travel to America next summer for the projected 32-team FIFA Club World Cup, Guardiola replied, "I would love to. "Yes, I would love to."

The 53-year-old also addressed the persistent talk surrounding goalkeeper Ederson, who has been linked with a move to the Saudi Pro League in recent months. Guardiola expressed doubt on Wednesday while reflecting on the status of the 30-year-old Brazil international, who has two years left on his contract. Two days later, though, the City manager was more open regarding his first-choice goalkeeper's future.

Guardiola added: "I sincerely hope Eddie will stay with us. "I'd want for him to stay. "I can't picture our processes succeeding in the last few seasons without him. He is a key figure in the locker room.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

England appoint Thomas Tuchel as new head coach .

Throughout his tenure, Tuchel won league titles in France and Germany, led Chelsea to their second Champions League victory in 2021, and won six domestic cups. The former Chelsea player replaces current interim manager Lee Carsley, who will return to his position as U21 manager, marking his maiden foray into international management. Last Monday, Tuchel agreed to a deal that will start on January 1 and run for 18 months, ending after the 2026 World Cup. Anthony Barry, with whom he previously collaborated at Chelsea and Bayern Munich, will support him. "I am really happy to have been granted the opportunity to lead the England team. I've had a long-standing personal relationship to the game in this country, and it's already provided me with some fantastic moments," Tuchel said. England FA Statement:- We are pleased to announce that Thomas Tuchel, the winner of the UEFA Champions League, will take over as head coach of the senior men's team for England. Anthony B...

Can Roberto Mancini’s Tactical Shield Withstand Zidane’s New France?

France and Italy meet in Paris with more than three Nations League points at stake. The match is a collision between two historic football nations, two celebrated former players turned managers and two projects moving in opposite emotional directions. Zinedine Zidane’s France have begun their new era with consecutive 1–0 victories over Türkiye and Belgium, while Roberto Mancini’s Italy responded to an opening defeat against Belgium with an emphatic 4–1 win over Türkiye. France lead Group A1 with six points, while Italy enter the contest with three. The setting adds another layer. This is Zidane’s first home match as France coach, and it comes against Italy—the country involved in the most unforgettable moment of his playing career, the 2006 World Cup final. But the real story is not nostalgia. It is tactical survival. France possess the athleticism and attacking depth to overwhelm opponents, even without the injured Kylian Mbappé. Italy, under Mancini, must construct a defensive shield...

The Tactical Adjustments Norway Needs to Overthrow Portugal.

Norway’s defeat to Portugal exposed a frustrating contradiction: they dominated possession, produced more shots, created more pressure and still lost 2–1. Ståle Solbakken’s side had 62 per cent of the ball, attempted 22 shots to Portugal’s 12 and recorded 36 touches inside the opposition penalty area compared with Portugal’s 13. Yet João Félix and Gonçalo Ramos scored the goals that mattered, while Diogo Costa made five saves to protect the visitors’ victory. The lesson is not that Norway need to attack more. They already attacked frequently. Their real challenge is to attack with greater clarity, create better-quality chances and protect themselves more effectively when possession is lost. Portugal proved that a team can surrender territory while remaining dangerous if its counterattacks are precise and its defensive structure stays compact. Norway’s next step must be tactical refinement. They need to transform possession into access, access into chances and chances into goals. Most i...

Madrid Derby Preview: Can Real Madrid Overcome Atlético's Recent Dominance?

The Madrid Derby has always been more than just a football match—it is a cultural collision, a battle of identities, and a tactical chess match that reflects the evolving philosophies of Spanish football. As the 2026 edition approaches, the stakes feel higher than ever. With Real Madrid chasing the title and Atlético Madrid continuing to disrupt the established order, this derby is not merely about three points—it is about momentum, pride, and psychological supremacy. The central question looms large: can Real Madrid overcome Atlético’s recent dominance, or has the balance of power in the Spanish capital subtly shifted? To understand the present, one must first appreciate the historical weight behind this rivalry. Since their first meeting in 1906, the Madrid Derby has grown into one of the most fiercely contested fixtures in world football. Statistically, Real Madrid still hold the upper hand, with over 120 wins compared to Atlético’s 60 across all competitions . Their dominance is fu...

The most intriguing Euro 2024 quarter-final ties are listed.

It seems like only a few days ago when fans around the continent sat down to watch Germany thrash Scotland in the opening match, but the quarter-final stage of Euro 2024 is already just around the corner. This summer's tournament has delivered amazing moments and some significant scalps, but none of the competition's minnows have made it to the last eight. Instead, Europe's major boys have all advanced, with the exception of incumbent champions Italy, who were eliminated in the final 16. Not all of the continent's titans have realized their full potential in Germany, but if they want to raise the Henri Delaunay Cup on July 14, they must rediscover their mojo soon. Here are the four quarter-final ties of Euro 2024, evaluated by how entertaining they will be to watch. 4. England vs Switzerland England is the least exciting team to watch at Euro 2024. Gareth Southgate's side has been very poor, especially considering the talent available. There has been little to sug...