As the next step is disclosed, Dele Alli confirms Everton's departure in an emotional Instagram letter.
Since February 2023, the midfield player has not participated in a competitive match.
Dele Alli confirmed his departure from Everton in a heartfelt farewell post on social media, saying it's time for him to start over.
The former Tottenham player has continued to train with the Merseyside team despite not having a club since his contract with the Toffees ended in the summer.
Alli has resorted to Instagram to formally announce his resignation from Everton, despite being offered the opportunity to restart his career in Italy with Como, who is managed by former Arsenal and Chelsea midfielder Cesc Fabregas.
The 28-year-old thanked the team's employees, players, and supporters for helping him through a trying time in his life in the long message.
He added, "2025 may set me on a new path with some exciting opportunities," as was widely reported this week. It's crucial that I express my gratitude to all of the Everton FC players, staff, and supporters for their support before any of that takes place.
"Trying to put the pieces together to get back to match fitness has been an extremely difficult journey, and I am so grateful to the Everton staff for their tireless efforts."
Unfortunately, things haven't gone as planned for all of us, and I believe it's time for me to move on.
"I wish everyone at this incredible club the best of luck, and I hope to see you all again soon."
Italian journalist Fabrizio Romano reported the next day that Dele would start training with the Serie A team on December 26 after he was sighted in the stands at the Stadio G. Sinigaglia during Coma's 2-0 victory over Roma last weekend.
Although the player and the team are hoping that this will result in a contract, Fabregas, who is searching for reinforcements as the team fights for its life, wasn't giving away too much about a long-term agreement for Dele.
After the game, Fabregas told DAZN, "I met him yesterday, and I don't want to talk about that today."
"After Christmas, he might begin working out with us, but only to help him get a little fitter."
Since February 2023, when he was on loan at Besiktas from Everton, Dele has not participated in a competitive match. He courageously talked about his struggles with a sleeping medication addiction, years of childhood trauma, and a recent stay in rehab during this time.
Dele Alli confirmed his departure from Everton in a heartfelt farewell post on social media, saying it's time for him to start over.
The former Tottenham player has continued to train with the Merseyside team despite not having a club since his contract with the Toffees ended in the summer.
Alli has resorted to Instagram to formally announce his resignation from Everton, despite being offered the opportunity to restart his career in Italy with Como, who is managed by former Arsenal and Chelsea midfielder Cesc Fabregas.
The 28-year-old thanked the team's employees, players, and supporters for helping him through a trying time in his life in the long message.
He added, "2025 may set me on a new path with some exciting opportunities," as was widely reported this week. It's crucial that I express my gratitude to all of the Everton FC players, staff, and supporters for their support before any of that takes place.
"Trying to put the pieces together to get back to match fitness has been an extremely difficult journey, and I am so grateful to the Everton staff for their tireless efforts."
Unfortunately, things haven't gone as planned for all of us, and I believe it's time for me to move on.
"I wish everyone at this incredible club the best of luck, and I hope to see you all again soon."
Italian journalist Fabrizio Romano reported the next day that Dele would start training with the Serie A team on December 26 after he was sighted in the stands at the Stadio G. Sinigaglia during Coma's 2-0 victory over Roma last weekend.
Although the player and the team are hoping that this will result in a contract, Fabregas, who is searching for reinforcements as the team fights for its life, wasn't giving away too much about a long-term agreement for Dele.
After the game, Fabregas told DAZN, "I met him yesterday, and I don't want to talk about that today."
"After Christmas, he might begin working out with us, but only to help him get a little fitter."
Since February 2023, when he was on loan at Besiktas from Everton, Dele has not participated in a competitive match. He courageously talked about his struggles with a sleeping medication addiction, years of childhood trauma, and a recent stay in rehab during this time.


Comments
Post a Comment