West Ham's Michail Antonio is 'stable' following a road accident, according to an update from the club.
Michail Antonio, a West Ham United forward, is in stable condition following a major vehicle accident, according to his club.
The Hammers issued a statement on social media, but did not provide any additional information about the event in Epping, Essex, on Saturday afternoon.West Ham's message came after photographs of a smashed Ferrari surfaced on social media, but there was no confirmation that the vehicle was Antonio's.
A club statement read: "West Ham United can announce that forward Michail Antonio was involved in a road traffic collision today.
"Everyone at the club is thinking and praying for Michail, his family, and friends right now.
"West Ham United can announce that Michail Antonio is in stable condition following a car accident this afternoon in Essex.
"Michael is conscious and speaking, and he is currently receiving close care at a central London hospital. At this terrible moment, we ask that everyone respect Michail and his family's privacy.
"The club will make no further comment this evening, but will issue a further update in due course."
The Essex Fire Service also stated that crews had freed a guy stuck in his car.
A statement read: "Crews were dispatched to High Road, Epping, at 1.02pm this afternoon following reports of a single-car incident.
"Upon arrival, firefighters discovered that a man was locked in his automobile and worked to free him around 1.45pm. The casualty was left in the care of the ambulance service.
Antonio has played 15 games for the Hammers this season, scoring one and assisting on another in the Premier League.
The 34-year-old came in as a substitute after 62 minutes of the midweek defeat at Leicester.
The Jamaican international has played for West Ham since joining from Nottingham Forest in 2015, appearing in over 300 games.
Antonio got engaged in an automobile accident on Christmas Day 2019 and spoke out about it in 2021.
The father of four explained: "It was Christmas Day. Even to this day, it has hurt me. I miss that automobile. Basically, I was driving, but the road was slippery."
In an interview with the High Performance podcast, Antonio confessed that he has recently struggled with his mental health and has lost interest in the game.
"I was going through my divorce and stuff, and I honestly couldn't get my head around it," Antonio told me.
"It wasn't until probably December where I was in a better place where I was like, 'Oh my God, I've won a European championship.'"
The attacker also recalled a game in December 2022 when he thought, "I'm not enjoying football," saying, "During the game, I was like, 'I'm really not enjoying this.'" I just felt down. I am a really positive individual.
"I didn't score from December until maybe March or April. And I simply felt drained. And then I left for Jamaica because I was loving football with them for some inexplicable reason. But I prayed for an injury. I thought to myself: "I just want to get injured, I want some time off."
A lot of West Ham's rival clubs have sent their best wishes.
Arsenal's social media statement read: "Everyone at Arsenal sends their love, support, and well wishes to Michail, his family, and West Ham United."
Chelsea announced the following: "The thoughts of everyone at Chelsea FC are with Michail and his family."
A message from Liverpool stated, "The thoughts and prayers of everyone at LFC are with Michail and his family."
West Ham did not play on Saturday but will welcome Wolves at the London Stadium on Monday.
West Ham United's Michail Antonio celebrates scoring against Ipswich.



Comments
Post a Comment