Christopher Sarofim, an American millionaire, has joined Everton's ownership group as they seek to attract more investors.
Sarofim, the chairman of global investment management Fayez Sarofim & Co, will serve as a Board Observer at Everton after joining Roundhouse Capital Holdings Limited.
New owners. The Friedkin Group purchased Everton from Farhad Moshiri through Roundhouse, a TFG subsidiary, and will continue to operate the club.
Sarofim, a former Goldman Sachs analyst, has nearly four decades of experience in investment and fund management, and Everton hopes he can help them obtain further minority investors.
Sarofim, the chairman of global investment management Fayez Sarofim & Co, will serve as a Board Observer at Everton after joining Roundhouse Capital Holdings Limited.
New owners. The Friedkin Group purchased Everton from Farhad Moshiri through Roundhouse, a TFG subsidiary, and will continue to operate the club.
Sarofim, a former Goldman Sachs analyst, has nearly four decades of experience in investment and fund management, and Everton hopes he can help them obtain further minority investors.
Everton, which is aware of American owners at other teams attracting high-profile minor investors such as Tom Brady at Birmingham and Will Ferrell at Leeds, hopes Sarofim's contacts will open doors for them.
Sarofim stated, "I'm thrilled to have the opportunity to join the Everton ownership group, a great sporting institution with a bright future. I've known and admired the Friedkin family for many years, and I'm excited to work with [executive chairman] Marc Watts, The Friedkin Group, and everyone at Everton to help the club reach its full potential on and off the pitch."
Sarofim stated, "I'm thrilled to have the opportunity to join the Everton ownership group, a great sporting institution with a bright future. I've known and admired the Friedkin family for many years, and I'm excited to work with [executive chairman] Marc Watts, The Friedkin Group, and everyone at Everton to help the club reach its full potential on and off the pitch."
TFG chairman and CEO Dan Friedkin added, "Christopher Sarofim is someone I've known and respected for a long time. He provides expertise, solid judgment, and insight that will be invaluable as we continue to propel the club forward in all aspects."
Sarofim's arrival adds to the rapid transition as Everton prepares to vacate Goodison Park for its new stadium at Bramley-Moore Dock. TFG has selected David Moyes as manager and Angus Kinnear as CEO, while Kevin Thelwell, director of football, will leave in the summer.
Sarofim's arrival adds to the rapid transition as Everton prepares to vacate Goodison Park for its new stadium at Bramley-Moore Dock. TFG has selected David Moyes as manager and Angus Kinnear as CEO, while Kevin Thelwell, director of football, will leave in the summer.

Comments
Post a Comment